Seeking enthusiastic Member-Owners to join our Board of Directors!
We are looking for a few Member-Owners to volunteer to help support the Co-op as new Board Members. This year there is an election of four directors to the Board for three-year terms. There are four Board openings. Are you interested in running for the board? Read more about running below.
Are you a Member-Owner who wants to become a Board Member? If so, do you:
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to progress the mission of the PFC?
- Feel you can engage/participate in the local and global food system in a meaningful way?
- Do you have a vision and passion to advocate for building Portland’s local food movement and advancing a cooperatively owned, democratically run local business?
- Have a desire to perceive and give voice to Member-Owner interests and needs?
Maybe you also have:
- Successful strategic planning experience
- Financial development know-how
- Experience and success with thriving local enterprises
- Management oversight capabilities
- Non-profit or community organizing experience
If so, we ask that you:
- Fully participate in the workings of the Board.
- Commit to attend all meetings, with a full understanding of the time required to participate (typically 5-8 hours per month)
- Be willing to participate in debate, compromise, and work as part of a team
- Foster a strong collaborative relationship with and oversight of the General Manager
Please also read the following four links, which contain helpful information:
If you or someone you know would like to apply, please attend an information session on January 24 or February 28 and complete an application prior to March 1, 2017 (see the application for a full list of requirements). Voting will kick off at the Annual Meeting on April 18th, and will continue online and in the store through Thursday, April 28th. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Elections Timeline:
January 10th – Board Applications open
January 22nd, 10am – 1pm – Optional Board Meet & Greet at the Co-op
January 24th – Candidate Info Session (6:30 -7pm) and Board Meeting (7-9pm) at 56 Hampshire Street. (It is mandatory for candidates to attend one info session and one Board meeting)
February 28th – Candidate Info Session (6:30 -7pm) and Board Meeting (7-9pm) at 56 Hampshire Street. (It is mandatory for candidates to attend one info session and one Board meeting)
March 1st, 2017 – Board Candidate Applications Due
March 7th-21st – Candidate Interviews Conducted by Board
March 30th – Candidate Slate Announced
April 18th, 2017 – Annual Meeting; Voting Opens
April 28th, 2017 – Voting Closes
May 1st, 2017 – Winners Announced