Current Member-Owner Count: 4,226
While Member-Ownership is not required to shop at our Co-op, we depend on community members like you becoming a Member-Owner in order to help ensure the success of our store.
Why become a Member-Owner?
- to help our cooperatively owned business thrive;
- access quarterly Member-Owner Appreciation Weeks (10% off one transaction of your choice during the week);
- access special sales throughout the store;
- vote for at the annual meeting for the Board of Directors and bylaw changes;
- receive discounts on most classes;
- receive a discount for most bulk orders;
- receive a patronage dividend when the Co-op earns surplus income;
- support a business that is dedicated to our community and to the local economy;
- take part in activities that give you a voice in the Co-op;
- meet people in the local food community at this vibrant gathering place.
A Member-Owner share is a one-time investment in the Co-op and costs $100. We also have a payment plan and a low-income option. There is no annual fee.
To become a Member-Owner, download this form.
You can then mail this form, along with your payment to :
Portland Food Co-op
290 Congress St
Portland, ME 04101
You will receive an email when your enrollment is complete (generally within a week of receiving your application).
Forms can also be brought to the store and payment can be made at the cash registers.
If you have questions, click here for the FAQs.
For general Member-Owner policy, click HERE